XLP Curb Base Surface Mount
- Shipping & Freight
- Get Help
XLP Curb Base Surface Mount
XLP Curb Base Surface Mount
Tuff Curb XLP was designed to withstand the effects of high speed, high impact applications and is compatible with Impact Recovery Systems' full line of traffic posts and panels. XLP's durable low profile design (40:L x 8"W x 2"H) was made to withstand 20,000 lbs. of static force from a single wheel, and has been tested by the Texas Transportation Institute to 2009 MASH standards. XLP's bright solid coloring and glass-element technology reflectors supply maximum visibility both day and night.
Ideal for use on bridge decks, parking structure decks, bike lane delineation, or anywhere that low-profile traffic separation is required. Tuff Curb XLP has the option of installation with bolts, epoxy or Super Bundy pads.
*Impact Recovery Systems highly recommends the installation of a post or panel on each curb section.
TUFF Curb XLP is an extreme low profile, high performance curbing system designed to endure damaging high speed, high impact applications. XLP is made from solid colored, UV resistant, high density polyethlene (HDPE). Despite its light weight (6 lbs.), the unique XLP undercarriage rib design can bear 20,000 lbs of static pressure - double the federal single axle vehicle maximum for a single wheel. To further ensure durability, advanced computer Finite Element Analysis was also performed. XLP was tested, and is the only curbing on the market today that is accepted under the 2009 MASH standards.
Traditional reflectors only offer reflection from a straight-on light source. XLP's reflectors far surpass the mandated 20" reflectivity levels required by the ASTM D4280 standard and offer reflection over 45 degrees in each direction. They are also curved to highlight the profile of the curb and are highly resistant to breaking, scratching, chemicals, and loss of reflectivity.
- Xtreme Low Profile/Lightweight Design
- Single Piece design - end caps are not necessary
- No need for water scuppers that clog with debris - install curbing section 2-3" apart allowing unimpeded water flow
- Superior Strength
- Arched Glass Element Reflectors
- Install along curves or tangent roadways via bolts or highway adhesive - further expanding applications possibilities
- Compatible with IRS full line of fixed or quick release posts and panels
- Decreased Installation Time and Cost
- Product Longevity
- Industry Leading Visibility
- Numerous Application Possibilities
- Ease of Installation and Maintenance
- 5 Year Warranty
- Tested and Accepted to the highest highway standards available today
- Dimensions: 40" x 8" x 2"
- Material: injection-molded plastic resistant to ultraviolet light, ozone, and hydrocarbons.
- Weight: 6.5 lbs. per section
- Colors: White, yellow, green, purple
- Install with 2-3 anchors or epoxy
- MASH 2009 Accepted; FHWA #WZ-304, WZ-317
More information about XLP Curb Base Surface Mount. This Traffic Control Products order item number is TCXY-FYY
|Traffic Control & Safety:|
|Delineator Post Type:|
Shipping & Freight
|Ground Shipping||Only on non-freight items.|
|Freight Shipping||Freight Items include all Commercial Christmas Decorations, Oversized items such as signs over 36", sign posts, and traffic control devices such as speed bumps and cones.|
Most orders will ship UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. Expedited shipping is not available. Shipping cost will be added to all orders unless prior quotes have been provided.
Many of our items are required to ship freight. Items that ship by freight truck cannot be sent to a residential address.
Additional shipping cost may be added for extra services such as:
- Call before delivery
- Lift gate, inside delivery
- Lengths over 8’
If these services are requested by the customer at the time of delivery then these added cost will be invoiced.
Our website does not have local pickup option at checkout. Please call us for local pickup orders. Pickup at our Lafayette Louisiana sales office is only available for a limited number of items. Non-stock items may incur a shipping cost. Please contact us for more info.
Lead Times & Production Time
Evangeline Specialties cannot guarantee the production time or ship date of most orders. Most orders ship directly from the products manufacturer. Production times vary for all of our product types. Please call for availability or if a use date is required.
Standard Production Times
- 1 to 3 days on most signs
- Custom or non-standard signs 3-14 days
- Barricades 5 days
- Flashing Blinker Signs & Radar Signs 4 weeks
- Lamps and cords 2-4 days
- Pole Mounted & Ground Mounted Decorations 1-3 weeks
Flags & Banners
- Flags 1 to 3 days
- Custom Flags 2 weeks
- Custom printed Banners 1-2 weeks
- Flag Poles 2 weeks
Custom Imprinted Promotional Items:
- 2 weeks
Have Shipping questions?
Please contact us with any shipping questions you may have.
We love hearing from our customers. Contact our customer service department and we will help answer any of your questions regarding orders, freight quotes, bulk discounts and more. If you are looking for reference info and answers to some frequently asked questions, please visit our customer help desk.
Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form on this page.Email Us
Phone: 800-451-0364 or 337-232-3898
Fax: (337) 233-1768
Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 8-5 Fri. 8-4 (CST)
1825 Bertrand Dr. Lafayette, LA 70506 (map & directions)
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh